Monday, November 3, 2008

Kenya West

I am finally done with college. I spent my summer on a Mennonite farm living in community with other Christians. And now God has something new in store for me.

In January 2009 I will be packing up and moving to Kenya for a year. I have taken a position with the Salvation Army in the new territory of Kenya West. The position that I have taken is a territorial youth position where I will be in charge of training youth leaders. There are thousands of youth in Kenya West but very few youth leaders. I have been offered the awesome opportunity to go and help be a part of the founding of the youth in a brand new territory. I am very excited about this and I can't wait to see what God will teach me and what he has in store for me over the next year.

These are some prayer requests I have for before my arrival in Kenya:
-That God will begin to prepare my heart and mind for the task set before me
-All paper work and traveling will go smoothly
-My school bills to be finished being paid off by the end of the year
-Commissioners Roberts
-My Family and transition

During my time in Kenya I will be updating this blog two to three times a month. If you would like to be notified by email everytime a new update is added let me know and I will add you to the list.

Thanks for your prayers,

Justin Rose

Justinarthurrose@gmail.com

No comments: